Strategy & Operations Internship, APAC & ME
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta is looking for a Strategy & Operations Intern to join the APAC & ME team in Spring 2024.
Carta opened its Singapore office in 2021, and since then, has been building a world-class team to support the startup and investor ecosystem across Asia Pacific and Middle East. The Singapore team is lean and agile, and composed of local venture industry experts and Carta experts.
The APAC Strategy & Operations team works with GTM and Ops leaders to cover a broad base of projects, including GTM market strategy and expansion, GTM ops infrastructure enhancements and other special projects. This role will give you first-hand exposure to building a high-growth B2B FinTech business across APAC & ME.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Enhance our understanding of APAC & ME markets through market analysis, competitive intelligence, value proposition etc
- Identify growth opportunities, develop go-to-market strategies for key markets and work with GTM leaders to execute relevant projects
- Maintain and drive improvements to GTM Ops structures to scale our operations across business units, geographies and market segments
- Work with GTM leaders to develop and optimize reporting dashboards and data visualization to drive data-driven decisions
- Other ad-hoc tasks and special projects as assigned
The Impact You’ll Have
As a Strategy & Operations Intern at Carta APAC, you will be an integral part of growing the next phase of our business across the regions.
- Studying Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- Previous internship or work experience in consulting, strategy/operations in high-growth technology/startup companies, venture capital/private equity or related industries preferred
- Desire to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and able to organise your time and resources independently
- Interest in the startup/venture capital space
Nice to have:
- Experience with sales platforms (Salesforce) and market databases (such as Pitchbook)
- Proficiencies with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (GSuite)
- Knowledge of the startup and venture capital ecosystem
***This internship is on-site and located in Singapore