Sales Development Representative, VC
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 40,000 companies and over two billion people in nearly 160 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports nearly 7,000 funds and SPVs, and represents nearly $130B in assets under administration. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $15B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today, Carta’s platform manages nearly three trillion dollars in equity globally.
Companies and funds like Tribe and Pipe build their businesses on Carta. The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S., a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category and certified as a Great Place to Work.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Sales Development Representative Teams are the driving force of Carta’s upward trajectory. Our SDRs work with the Director of Sales Development on marketing-related projects, territory research, prospect targeting, reporting, and webinar maximization strategy. We pride ourselves on investing in our team and promoting from within. All SDRs receive training on Carta software, private market finance, and equity administration along with ongoing training in consultative sales, client management, negotiation and sales operations.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Respond to prospects researching requests
- Become an expert on Carta’s fund administration and venture capital products.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up, generating increased interest and excitement in Carta
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure top-of-funnel acquisition
- By supporting the SDR teams you will help drive the overall company pipeline
- Provide timely and accurate front-line support for all prospective customers interested in Carta
- Engage with prospective customers real-time via phone or zoom
- Execute cold outreach - including cold calling - campaigns leveraging a "customer first" approach to investors and finance leaders in the venture and private equity space, as well as private corporations
- Grit - Ambitious, driven, and fearless in the face of rejection
- Coachability - Tremendous desire to learn about FinTech and constantly improve in a “no-egos” environment
- Emotional Intelligence - Ability to read emotional cues, understand a customer’s needs, and navigate a meaningful conversation and provide meaningful solutions
- Customer-Facing Experience - Experience working in a high volume customer-facing role
- An Interest in Venture Capital / FinTech - If learning about how investors find the next unicorn to invest in, you’re in the right place
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Track record of success in a lead generation role is a plus
- Ability to break down and effectively communicate complex topics
- Experience managing spreadsheets on Excel, Google Sheets, or similar productivity software tooling
- Understanding of fund administration
- Passion for or previous experience in Finance