Sr HRBP, R&D
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Carta puts people first and design programs and experiences that are best for Carta over defaulting to a best practice approach.
We are seeking a flexible and strategic HR professional who will act as a partner to the R&D organization, develop and execute HR programs that drive organizational effectiveness in partnership with the broader People Team, and be a partner for employees by building transparent and impactful relationships with their leadership.
There’s no task too small for our HRBPs at Carta, and we consistently seek opportunities to problem solve (we live in the gray area!), and provide strategic and operational support to the leaders and functions we support. You will be able to build strong relationships with business leaders and cross-functional People partners by coaching, advising, and influencing outcomes that are best for Cartans.
The HRBP role at Carta focuses on building those strong partnerships with the business, consistently seeks opportunities to problem solve for leaders, and provides both strategic and operational support to those leaders, knowing when to adapt to each. You will execute our People initiatives in a way that works for the organization you support, provide great customer support, and work with business leaders to establish, drive, and constantly evolve their People strategy in a way that is still connected with the rest of Carta, but uniquely ‘fit for purpose’ in their client group.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build strong relationships with employees, management, and the leadership team across R&D
- Deeply understand your business in order to provide customized consultation (not simply apply HR best practices)
- Influence our People Team strategy and programming to meet business objectives for the R&D organization
- Successfully influence by providing direction, knowledge, and support to create a high-performing organization (creative problem solving, not just ‘by the book’)
- Partner with the business to roll out key People initiatives (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc) in a way that works for their needs
- Provide guidance and input on major People initiatives within the department such as succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers, re-leveling, benchmarking, etc
- Provide creative and interactive solutions while being comfortable with ambiguity
- Build strong relationships with employees, management, and leadership team through coaching and mentoring
The Impact You’ll Have
You’ll be a trusted advisor and confidante to business leaders and Cartans in R&D. You’ll understand the business inside and out in order to solve problems that impact current Cartans, future Cartans and the leaders who support them. This role is a senior level IC who will be partnering with our CTO and CPO’s leadership team members (Exec-1), with ample opportunities to mentor other HRBPs and lead the team by example.
- You are passionate about people and culture; you want to deeply understand the business’s goals and find creative solutions
- You are excited by the prospect that nothing is sacred, you can continuously improve our People team processes
- You have experience working in a fast-paced technology company
- 7+ years of HRBP experience, preferably supporting R&D teams
- You have successfully coached and influenced leadership in a previous role
- You have a high degree of empathy and are a great communicator (both written and verbally)
- You’re a people connector and have an interest in all things HR (Operations, DEI, L&D, etc.)
- You’re self-aware, resilient, and thrive in opportunities when learning new things
- You have great organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, and have an ability to complete competing priorities efficiently
- You have the ability to interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization
- And, you must maintain confidentiality and use outstanding judgment on a daily basis
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is: $136,000- $160,000 in San Francisco and New York.
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.