Senior Associate, Strategic Finance
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our Strategic Finance Team as a Senior Finance Associate.
This is a high impact role on the Strategic Finance team supporting our Sales & Marketing orgs, generating insights into business performance, and providing Carta’s leadership team with effective decision-making support. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team supporting the growth of Carta and the creation of the future of private capital markets, and be a key business partner to our GTM functional teams.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build partnership with Sales and Marketing teams by delivering financial results, identifying issues and emerging trends, and providing workforce management decision support.
- Provide analytical support, develop actionable insights throughout the headcount and capacity planning process and drive alignment between GTM, Finance, and Recruiting teams
- Operationalize strategic objectives through target setting and incentive alignment
- Lead recurring BvA analysis and GTM close processes to deliver monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of the business' financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Coordination with Corporate Finance to ensure accuracy of forecasting/actuals in all internal reporting tools.
- Promote vision/strategy around process and systems to help support scale in a high growth environment
- An expert in financial modeling and quantitative analysis, who enjoys solving complex and unstructured problems
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- You are personable, approachable, and able to collaborate constructively with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
- Capable of operating independently - managing relationships, deliverables and expectations with your business partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- 3+ years of FP&A, Accounting or Finance experience in the technology industry; familiarity with the software industry (and SaaS) a plus
- Experience supporting Sales or Marketing teams in a Finance or Operations role
- Experience in Headcount and Capacity Planning is a plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills and quantitative analysis abilities
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- Experience with systems such as Netsuite, Coupa, Workday, Salesforce, G-Suite, Office, etc.
At Carta, you’re not just an employee. You’re a builder who is creating infrastructure that accelerates innovation and empowers more ownership. Cartans are helpful, relentless, unconventional and kind; representing Carta’s Identity Traits. They work collaboratively and cross functionally to challenge the status quo; working towards a common goal of creating more owners in the private markets.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is: $125,000 - $148,000 in San Francisco, CA
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.