Sales Development Representative
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
Capdesk from Carta is looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our UK based team. The Sales Development Representative Teams are the driving force of Capdesk from Carta’s upward trajectory. Our SDRs work with the GTM Lead on marketing related projects, territory research, prospect targeting, reporting, and webinar maximization strategy. We pride ourselves on investing in our team and promoting from within. All SDRs receive training on Capdesk from Carta software, private market finance, and equity administration along with ongoing training in consultative sales, client management, negotiation and sales operations.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Respond to prospects researching requests
- Become an expert on Capdesk from Carta’s varying products and services
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up, generating increased interest and excitement in Capdesk from Carta
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure top of funnel acquisition
- By supporting the SDR teams you will help drive the overall company pipeline
- Provide timely and accurate front-line support for all prospective customers interested in Capdesk from Carta
- Engage with prospective customers real-time via phone or zoom
- Execute cold outreach campaigns leveraging a "customer first" approach to investors and finance leaders in the venture and private equity space, as well as private corporations
The Impact you will have
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be part of a small team managing all commercial aspects of Capdesk from Carta’s growth in the UK and Europe. You will drive demand, develop and iterate on critical internal operations.
- Grit - Ambitious, driven, and fearless in the face of rejection
- Coachability - Tremendous desire to learn about FinTech and constantly improve in a “no-egos” environment
- Emotional Intelligence - Ability to read emotional cues, understand a customer’s needs, and navigate a meaningful conversation and provide meaningful solutions
- Customer-Facing Experience - Experience working in a high volume customer-facing role
- An Interest in Venture Capital / FinTech: If learning about how investors find the next unicorn to invest in, you’re in the right place
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Track record of success in a lead generation role is a plus
- Ability to break down and effectively communicate complex topics
- Experience managing spreadsheets on Excel, Google Sheets, or similar productivity software tooling
- Fluency in French, German or Spanish (Preferred)
Something looks off?