Senior Venture Funds Associate - Vauban
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining Vauban from Carta. In 2022, Vauban officially joined the Carta team; Vauban was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and found a shared vision at Carta whose mission is to create more owners. Read more about our shared vision here.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Be a part of a team that engineers investment vehicles by working with our product and technology teams to create innovative solutions for our clients
- Be the main point of contact for our clients by guiding them through the end-to-end SPV and fund set-up process
- Tackle any structuring challenges that we face as you’ll be at the intersection of law, finance, regulation and tax etc.
- Proactively share knowledge with team members on how best we can automate our investment structures to strengthen our processes, improve our products to overall provide a unique experience to our clients
- Have a can-do attitude and ready to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced environment
The Impact You’ll Have
You will have the opportunity to interact with the most talented venture capitalists, fund managers and dealmakers in the world. You will help them realize their ambitions of supporting the companies of tomorrow through our next-gen investment stack (including legals, vehicle formation, banking, investor onboarding and much more).
- 2+ years of relevant experience within private markets/alternatives
- Have an in-depth knowledge or interest into current trends within VC
- Comfortable around legal agreements
- Have prior client/investor engagement exposure
- Have a genuine interest in the world of start-ups
Something looks off?