Account Executive, Mid-Market
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
More about Capdesk
At Capdesk from Carta, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people. We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
It’s an exciting time to join Capdesk, as we’ve officially joined industry leaders Carta to create a global equity management solution.
Capdesk from Carta was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and we’ve identified a shared mission in Carta.
More about the team
We strive to provide a based in class sales cycle for every prospect, so we are looking to grow our kick-ass team to help us deliver this! This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to fast track your career in Sales as you'll have a major impact on expanding our customer base.
You'll be responsible for managing the Mid-Market / Enterprise Segment. You will be reporting into our Director of Sales and will also be working with an SDR pod to grow and foster your pipeline.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and generate qualified leads, in addition to both inbound and outbound leads generated for you by the Sales team
- Have a consultative approach in client conversations, understanding their needs and how we can solve them best
- Hold product demonstrations, showcasing Capdesk from Carta’’s key value propositions
- Manage your pipeline and deal flow effectively, regardless of seasonality
- Collaborate with the Sales team and other departments to provide a seamless process for prospects
- Have a genuine interest in learning everything about your prospects’ equity
processes, collecting insights around their pain points as if they were your own
About you, these are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in an Account Executive role, ideally within a start-up/B2B SaaS/Fintech environment
- Comfort and experience communicating with prospects through various channels
- Solid understanding of the tech-stack required for a successful sales process
- Credibility and gravitas, taking control of the sales process whilst having considerable experience in prospect qualification
- Proven closing techniques, with the ability to build strong rapport and have credibility with senior executives
- Genuine interest in start ups and scale ups, and the world of private equity
- Hunger and desire to constantly develop, learn and grow
- Hands-on experience with Outreach, Hubspot, LinkedIn, and Cognism
- Previous experience and network selling to prospects fitting the role of CFO, Finance Director and Financial Controller
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Something looks off?