Regional HR Lead - 12 Month Maternity FTC
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
More about Capdesk
At Capdesk from Carta, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people. We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
It’s an exciting time to join Capdesk, as we’ve officially joined industry leaders Carta to create a global equity management solution.
Capdesk from Carta was founded with a vision of changing finance for good by leveraging the power of equity for the benefit of all, and we’ve identified a shared mission in Carta.
More about the team
Carta is seeking a flexible and strategic HR leader to lead one of our Business Partner teams. Our Business Partners advocate for our employees, act as internal HR consultants and coaches, develop and execute HR strategies; whilst building programs that drive organizational and people effectiveness.
This role will support a variety of functions including customer facing roles, engineering, product and design across the United Kingdom and Denmark. You will collaborate with other HRBP’s and executives to support Cartans in other regions such as the US, India and Brazil from time to time.
Your primary focus areas will be:
- Partner with specialist HR functions, Finance and Legal to lead the Europe people integration of Capdesk (Series A European start up) and Vauban (Seed stage UK start up) post acquisition
- Lead and execute people initiatives (eg. performance management, compensation, development programmes) across Europe
- Provide expertise insight and advice on best practice from a UK perspective to influence and adapt policies, processes and practices
The problems you'll solve
- Partner with the leadership team to align on people strategies to drive integration, high performances, employee engagement and development
- Change management as we integrate Vauban and Capdesk in the UK, whilst integrating with Carta globally
- Partner with the wider people team (incl. People ops, L&D, total rewards, global mobility) to adapt current Carta policies, processes and practices according to local needs and requirements
- Partner with the wider people team to implement and execute key people initiatives and cyclical HR processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Provide local and global HR guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, promotions, lateral transfers, benchmarking, etc
- Provide professional counsel to the business and help set People team priorities
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the high volume of operational HR needs such as implementation and management of employee benefits
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of local legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Build strong relationships with employees, management, and the Executive leaders with which you are partnered
- Act as an employee champion and change agent, proactively communicating needs with our HR department and business management
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology company; (merger and acquisition experience would be a bonus!)
- Strong knowledge and experience in country specific HR practices in the UK (Denmark would also be a bonus!)
- Experience supporting and leading projects in cross-functional and international teams
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity to to develop solutions
- Experience partnering directly with Executives
- 6+ years of HRBP experience required
- 2+ years of people leadership experience required
- Successfully coached and influenced individual contributors and managers
- Outstanding people skills – high degree of empathy and a great communicator (both written and verbally)
- Great organizational skills, high attention to detail, and an ability to complete competing priorities quickly
- Ability to interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization
Something looks off?