Head of Performance Marketing
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
The Demand Generation Team develops and executes journeys that usher prospects and customers from awareness to purchase to advocacy, optimizing for return on investment. We are the revenue generating arm of the Marketing organization and ensure Carta is able to continue its exponential growth
The marketing organization has teammates across the country who advocate for the democratization of equity ownership and increase access to financial education. Our team members have created TV shows in Hollywood, have started high growth tech companies, have been on the floor of Congress during the financial crisis, and have led marketing for some of the biggest products at Apple.
The Problems You’ll Solve
You will lead Carta’s global digital advertising strategy and build out a team to execute on your vision.
- Create a vision that unifies our global digital advertising strategy across core platforms like Google, LinkedIn, Twitter Facebook
- Mentor and build a growing team of performance marketers at different stages in their careers to design, execute and optimize campaigns across channels
- Drive the paid marketing budget and forecasting process for new clients and assets across channels
- Identify, test, and optimize new channels to further expand into
- Communicate our paid marketing strategy to our go-to-market leads including the sales leads, CMO and CRO
- Drive net-new revenue for Carta across all of our product lines, including our Equity, Venture Capital and Liquidity product lines
We’re looking for someone highly focused, customer-centric, who knows how to work in a dynamic environment with lofty revenue targets. Cross-team collaboration and communication is critical to success in the role, as well as efficient time management. In addition, we’re prioritizing someone who:
- Has deep knowledge of growth marketing techniques and tactics
- Ability to dig into data and mastery around KPIs including CAC, ROI, LTV
- Cares about both driving revenue from customer and delivering value to customers
- Has a proven track record of campaign strategy, execution, testing optimization
- Has experience managing and growing advertising teams
- Takes pride in their work and views what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $160,000-200,000 in [San Francisco]
- $160,000-200,000 in [New York]
- $145,000-180,000 in [Seattle]
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.”
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.