Strategic Finance Manager, Corporate Finance
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
This is a high impact role on the Finance team supporting key strategic initiatives, generating insights into business performance, and providing Carta’s leadership team with effective decision-making support. In this role, you’ll be part of a highly dynamic team supporting the growth of Carta and the creation of the future of private capital markets.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Lead the quarterly forecasting process, including coordinating discussions within the Strategic Finance Team and consolidating financial results for 3-Statement Financial Model as well as Operating Metrics
- Lead the development and implementation of standardized approaches / automated processes within FPA and see opportunities for operational improvement
- Support the long-range financial planning process incorporating strategy into financial analysis and output
- Support the development, reporting, and benchmarking of key corporate operational metrics in monthly, and quarterly reporting packages (e.g. Board of Directors materials and Executive reporting, etc.)
- Proactively identify areas for business improvement and provide data-driven analysis to support good decisions
- Work experience in financial planning and analysis, reporting, process management, data modeling or investment banking
- Demonstrated strengths in business partnering, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, financial modeling and analysis
- Experience utilizing planning systems and automating reporting
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Project management experience and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Clear and effective communication skills, ability to communicate and present to executives
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics and Excel modeling
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. If you are located in San Francisco, California, our minimum cash compensation salary range for this role is $148,750 - $175,000. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Something looks off?