Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, fintech, and web3, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Tech Artist you will be responsible for the creation and integration of Art prefabs into Unity and the control of movement of assets and to create efficiency to our Mobile games
- Integrate Art and UI into the Unity3D editor
- Collaborate with Lead Artists, Art Director, and Engineering on multiple teams to create an efficient pipeline for integration of assets
- Work with different teams to help support their integration needs for both UI and game assets
- Understanding of basic motion with UI assets and objects
- Work with Particle effects and general VFX assets
- Good knowledge of Unity editor
- Experience working with a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 2D and 3D assets into the pipeline
- Basic knowledge of Unity Animation tools
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language
- Orientation towards teamwork and collaboration
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market
Something looks off?