Intern, Supply Chain
Capella Space stands at the forefront of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite technology and signal intelligence. We provide customers in governments, academia, and commercial sectors with reliable information that enables unparalleled understanding of the world. Our mission is centered on delivering timely and reliable Earth imagery, supporting diverse applications in defense & intelligence, disaster response, energy, environmental monitoring and more. Utilizing cutting-edge technology, Capella Space designs, manufactures and operates an advanced constellation of SAR imaging satellites. Our market-leading SAR satellites are complemented by an unmatched data infrastructure and automated ordering and delivery platform for fast, reliable insights where and when customers need it most.
Recognized for our technological prowess, Capella Space was honored as one of the 10 most innovative companies in Space in 2023 by FASTCOMPANY. Capella Space is an internationally trusted Earth Observation data provider, working closely with the U.S. Space Systems Command, U.S. Space Force, NASA, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. National Reconnaissance Office, the Canadian Government and more to make unclassified, high-resolution SAR data more accessible.
What Makes Capella Unique?
Capella Space is a highly collaborative team environment, providing an opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the space industry, though no prior space experience is needed. We’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success. Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it - regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We encourage you to bring your unique perspective to help make us stronger, including applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech.
How this role fits in at Capella
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Supply Chain Analyst Intern to join our team. As a key member of the supply chain department, you will support the optimization of our supply chain processes, ensuring efficient and effective operations. This internship provides a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the space industry and contribute to the success of groundbreaking projects. This internship will be based at our Louisville, CO location.
What you'll be doing during your internship
- Data Analysis: Utilize analytical tools and techniques to assess and analyze supply chain data, identifying trends, patterns, and areas for improvement.
- Demand Forecasting: Assist in developing demand forecasts to optimize inventory levels and ensure timely availability of materials for space missions.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with suppliers to track and manage deliveries, resolve issues, and enhance overall supplier performance.
- Inventory Management: Support inventory control initiatives by monitoring stock levels, conducting regular audits, and recommending adjustments to maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Process Improvement: Evaluate current supply chain processes and propose improvements to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and mitigate risks.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of supply chain activities. Generate reports to communicate key metrics and performance indicators.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, finance/accounting, and logistics, to ensure seamless coordination and communication within the supply chain.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in supply chain management to contribute valuable insights.
What you'll need to succeed
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, data analysis tools, and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of space industry supply chain practices is a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles is a plus. ASCM certification or training is a plus
The target pay for this position is $25/hour. The actual pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
- Capella provides a one-time stipend to cover your needs during the Summer.
- Daily provided lunches and stocked kitchens has you covered at both office locations.
- Swag! Work hard but look cool while doing it! Each intern gets a welcome package with their own swag during their time here so you can rock Capella anywhere you go.
- Events: Capella hosts social & educational events each month for all Capella employees, but also during the summer program for the entire intern class.
- Mentorship: each intern is paired with a mentor that supports & guides them through their time at Capella.
- Furry friends? We’ve got you covered with dog-friendly work environment.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Capella Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.”
Equal Opportunity Statement
Capella Space is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and upholding equitable hiring practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you need assistance or require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org