Lead Systems Engineer, Radar Systems
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Capella Is looking for an energetic radar systems engineer with experience in synthetic aperture radars. The selected candidate will be responsible for making radar system design decisions, defining and leading trade studies involved in radar development, and working with technical project managers and engineering teams on radar design, implementation, and test. The successful candidate should have a good knowledge of radar hardware (RF, digital, FPGA) such that they can interact with engineering teams to make design and test decisions. The person should also be a good communicator.
Desired Qualifications (Not All Are Expected):
- 10+ years of experience working with radar systems
- Deep understanding of radar electronics and the subtleties of radar implementations
- Ability to translate user requirements into radar solutions
- Development of concept of operations for radar systems
- Developing code to model radar system performance
- Managing system, subsystem, and test requirements
- Working with a technical program manager and driving a V&V development process
- Experience with designing high reliability space systems is a bonus
- This position requires special access to conduct the work and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
$145,100.00 - $217,700.00
Salaries will be based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)