At Canvas we are developing technology that improves the quality and affordability of the places where we work and live while improving the working conditions of the people who build these spaces. Our mission is to empower people to build in bold new ways. Our team has spent the past several years engineering and developing a new machine that keeps workers safe, improves their job conditions, and produces great budget, schedule and quality outcomes. At the same time, we have been building a culture at Canvas that empowers our employees to do their best work, while having fun and advancing their careers.
We need a skilled Electrical Technician who is inspired by all the challenges that come along with iterating on a game changing tool. This position will be responsible for creating electrical harnesses and control boxes for our construction robots. You will work closely with the electrical and mechanical engineering teams to implement new designs and upgrades. Key to this position is being organized and diligent. In this role you will work with multiple disciplines to create the most advanced robotic system for the construction worker.
We’re a series B funded small team with a great first platform which we are refining and expanding to advance its capabilities. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our product, culture, and engineering team. Join us in creating new tools to reshape the construction industry.
- Create prototype and production electrical harnesses and electrical control boxes according to schematics with minimal supervision and industry best practices
- Work closely with electrical and mechanical engineering teams to provide feedback on design decisions
- Purchase tools, supplies, and other necessary equipment
- Assist in managing bills of materials and inventory for building prototypes
- Maintain an organized workspace and clean documentation of work
- More than 2 years of experience building electrical systems in a prototyping environment
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Understanding of basic electrical components including power supplies, relays, circuit breakers, solenoids, motors, and filters.
- Experience working safely with live/mains voltage (up to 240VAC)
- Exceptional troubleshooting and debugging skills using standard measurement tools and equipment
- Excited to work with a wide range of robotic components
- Ability to perform basic PCB assembly and rework using a soldering iron and hot air station
- Experience using a schematic tool (Solidworks electrical) to read schematics and board layouts would be ideal but is not a requirement!
Why You Should Join
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- 401k matching
- A learning and development stipend
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Safety at Canvas Construction is a top priority and we commit to provide safe working conditions. We provide proper training, protocols and PPE to all employees, regardless of their role. We expect employees to use safety best practices and ensure that their workspaces are clear of potential dangers.
This role operates primarily in a work-room environment around moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat. Noise level may be loud at times. Someone in this role must be able to move objects weighing up to 50 lbs., and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Additionally, this role requires constant movement and use of limbs inclusive of good manual dexterity to handle small parts, coordination and stamina.
See the base annual salary range for this position, in the selected city, below. Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, location, and market conditions. Base pay is one part of the total compensation that is provided to recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses, incentives, and stock options.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Canvas. We provide accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Canvas is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Andi Martinez, Recruiting Manager (email@example.com, 415-906-9640).