Business Development Representative
BusRight is looking to hire one of its first remote Business Development Representatives (BDR). You'll learn and build alongside our current sales team (two BDRs, two AEs, & one Rev Ops team member) to help supercharge growth at BusRight. You'll call Transportation Directors across the United States to book demos for our Account Executives (AEs). Pending performance, this position has a line of sight into an AE opportunity within ~12 months of joining. In the past year, BusRight has expanded into 23 states, raised a $7M Series A financing round, and nearly doubled the company size.
At BusRight, we're dedicated to increasing the safety and efficiency of our nation’s largest mass transit system - school buses. More than 26 million students ride 500,000 buses to and from school daily. The logistics of this enormous & impactful operation are currently managed on pen & paper or legacy software. BusRight is on a mission to increase school bus safety and efficiency by providing families, schools, and communities with advanced routing technology, dynamic driver navigation, live GPS tracking, and real-time parent communication.
Why this role is unique
- Join early: As an early team member at a rapidly growing transportation technology company, you’ll be granted equity, a base salary, and commissions for each demo booked that converts to pipeline.
- Influence sales strategy: You’ll work side-by-side with our two AEs, BDRs, Revenue Operations, & CEO, tackling various sales efforts, defining scalable systems, finding new ways to grow the company, and representing BusRight at conferences across the country.
- Versatility: You will wear many hats, such as sales operations, business development representative, lead generation, CRM administrator, attending conferences, and more.
- Connect with the BusRight community: Our advisors, investors, and team members are eager to support your growth. Our investors include the Founder of Kayak, Quizlet, and Wayfair, early investors in Uber, SpaceX, and other iconic transportation companies.
What you will do
You'll focus on calling Transportation Directors at School Districts in the U.S. to book product demos for our AEs. You will work alongside our sales team through a pivotal time for our go-to-market strategy, where you'll create, influence, and execute new ideas for fueling our revenue growth.
- Outreach: Each day, you'll make 60-80 calls to our nation's hidden community heroes, Transportation Directors, to book ~15 demos weekly.
- Operations: Ensure Salesloft (prospecting platform) is constantly updated with new leads (we will provide lists for you), run an outreach cadence (e.g., calls, emails, etc.) to prospects through Salesloft, create proposals, and reschedule demos that have yet to occur. Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook.
- Culture: Bring your feedback, strategies, and ideas to advance BusRight’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future of student transportation.
What you will bring to the team
- 2-3 years of outbound technology sales experience.
- Ability to strategically manage large prospect lists and consistently call on 60-80 prospects daily.
- Understand that converting a cold call to a demo is more about listening and identifying a prospect's pain points, rather than selling features.
- You get energized when a prospect agrees to a demo, and you ensure a proper handoff between yourself and the Account Executive.
- You thrive with extreme autonomy in a remote environment.
- You embody our values.
We're growing and looking to hire people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want to hear from you if you're interested in our mission, even if you're not a perfect match for this role.