Burq started with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started with building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we’re powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies from retailers to startups.
It’s a big mission and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger! 🚀
We’re already backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, including The Chainsmokers, Origin Ventures, and Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we're still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
We want people who are unafraid to be wrong and support decisions with numbers and narrative. Here’s a quick overview of what you will be doing:
Head of Product
As the Product Lead at Burq, you will work closely with co-founders, technical, and business teams to manage the process of transforming feedback and ideas into concrete features and product enhancements in our existing platform. You will help to strategically continue building our product roadmap, identify gaps, utilize customer feedback, scope out features, and drive the UI/UX design of our platform. You will be part of an emerging team that is helping our clients optimize their delivery operations, and have an immediate impact as the first full-time Product person at a fast-growing, early-stage startup.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with leadership, development and customer-facing teams to build out the product roadmap, develop features, and launch to market.
- Lead product feature scoping, design, testing, customer validation & launch.
- Envision the product that customers need and shape the roadmap to get us there.
- Lead the product-release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Serve as the product ambassador internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions related to the product.
- Support Sales team to effectively sell our product by conducting training, doing customer demos and developing Sales tools.
- Support Growth initiatives requiring implementing features and running A/B tests to measure impact.
- Instrument the product and analyze product usage data to understand what works well and what can be improved.
- Keep up with Product best practices including agile/scrum, lean startup, JTBD and other frameworks, and apply to build a scalable Product organization.
- Become Burq’s resident expert on competitors’ products, and how our product stacks up across our target market segments.
- Contribute to efforts to define and achieve Product <> Market Fit (PMF).
- Play a key role in providing our customers with the best experience possible!
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role (bonus for product-led SaaS company experience).
- Background working across engineering, design, customer success, and sales.
- Past experience communicating with customers to gather data about pain-points, and communicating that data with key stakeholders to evaluate against the product roadmap.
- Passion for running experiments, and using data-driven approaches to measure and track success.
- Experience writing PRDs and working with engineering teams to scope and workload balance.
- Have a go-getter attitude and thrive in the startup environment - you are not shy to experiment with new concepts and use data to validate success.
- Experience using JIRA, agile project management methodologies, Productboard or other product management software.
- Are highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Are a skilled listener & with excellent verbal and written communications.
About the Team
Owners: We hire a smaller number of high-quality, talented individuals and trust their judgment.
Builders: We are an early-stage startup, which means there is an endless amount of opportunity to build! We value transparency and cross-collaboration when trying out new strategies, testing new ideas, and giving/receiving feedback.
Velocity: We move fast and with intention.
Long-Term Thinking: As a small startup, there are endless opportunities that we can tackle in our industry. To ensure we effectively scale and continue to be a market leader, we keep our team focused on our critical initiatives, and provide every team member with full-autonomy over their work in order to meet our long-term goals.
Benefits: We believe in investing heavily in our employees, and provide the below benefits to our team members:
- Competitive compensation packages, including salary and equity options
- Remote-First work environment
- Medical insurance
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Generous PTO
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At Burq, we value diversity and take providing our diverse workforce with an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.