Burq began with an ambitious mission: how can we turn the complex process of offering delivery into a simple turnkey solution.
We started by building the largest network of delivery networks, partnering with some of the biggest delivery companies. We then made it extremely easy for businesses to plug into our network and start offering delivery to their customers. Now, we're powering deliveries for some of the fastest-growing companies, from retailers to startups.
It's a big mission, and now we want you to join us to make it even bigger! 🚀
We're already backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, including The Chainsmokers, Origin Ventures, and Village Global, the fund whose investors include Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Reid Hoffman, and Sara Blakely. We have assembled a world-class team all over the U.S.
We operate at scale, but we're still a small team relative to the opportunity. We have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to grow while doing the most important work of your career.
Here's a quick overview of what you will be doing:
As an Account Executive at Burq, your primary responsibility will be to collaborate with internal teams and leadership to develop and execute successful sales strategies. You will identify and qualify prospects, build and maintain strong relationships with clients, and present tailored solutions to address their logistics requirements and workflows. Your role will also involve negotiating contracts, closing deals, meeting or exceeding sales targets, and providing post-sale support to ensure client satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the complete sales cycle, from identifying potential customers to closing deals, as well as negotiating contracts and assisting with contract reviews.
- Discovering new opportunities through networking and market research, and transforming them into long-lasting partnerships.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of clients' workflows, pain points, and how Burq's platform can integrate seamlessly into their processes.
- Building and maintaining a database of prospects, managing our existing CRM, and designing outreach campaign strategies to engage both current and prospective customers.
- Researching and employing data-driven methodologies to establish and evaluate success criteria for strategic initiatives and internal productivity.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to guarantee an exceptional customer experience, and developing solutions and strategies to eliminate bottlenecks and scale our sales operations.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of professional experience in sales or equivalent customer-facing role
- A passion for finding the best solutions for customers based on their workflows
- Experience with collaborating cross-functionally with operations, customer success, product, and technical teams
- Excited to develop sales strategies, define metrics to track success, research and build out lists of companies to target, and designing and building campaigns
- Have a go-getter attitude and thrive in the startup environment - you are not shy to experiment with new concepts and use data to validate the success of your designs
- Previous experience with CRM platforms, automated outreach tools, ticketing systems, and data analytics dashboard platforms (or strong interest to learn with an affinity for learning new tools)
- Are highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Are a skilled listener & with excellent verbal and written communications, strong negotiation skills
About the Team
Owners: We hire a smaller number of high-quality, talented individuals and trust their judgment.
Builders: We are a young startup, which means there is an endless amount of opportunity to build! We value transparency and cross-collaboration when trying out new strategies, testing new ideas, and giving/receiving feedback.
Velocity: We move fast and with intention. We believe in transparency across our team in order to maintain our velocity and ensure we are not losing focus on the company. mission and vision
Long-Term Thinking: As a startup, there are endless opportunities that we can tackle in our industry. To ensure we effectively scale and continue to be a market leader, we keep our team focused on our critical initiatives, and provide every team member with full-autonomy over their work in order to meet our long-term goals.
Benefits: We believe in investing heavily in our employees, and provide the below benefits to our team members:
- Competitive compensation packages, including salary and equity options
- Remote-First work environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Generous PTO
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At Burq, we value diversity and take providing our diverse workforce with an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?