Senior Designer (AI)
Build A Rocket Boy
Reporting directly to the design director, as our new Senior Designer (AI), your role within the Mindseye team is to be the key designer for everything related to combat, with the particular aim to deliver a very high quality cinematic experience: Human and Robot AI, as well as working closely with Encounter Design.
- AI DESIGN KEY DESIGNER: You will lead design meetings to provide consistent answers to the day-to-day questions of programming, animation and missions teams.
- FEATURE TEAM CO-OWNER: Act as a feature team co-owner in our organization and be an active participant in every production process that it entails, creating a strong bond with the project management team.
- 3C REVIEW: You will lead review meetings to deliver feedback directly to the team, as well as gathering information to report to the design director and the game director.
- AUTONOMOUS DECISIONS: You will make autonomous and informed decisions about 3C and AI in the context of our game direction, as well as reporting any inconsistencies or unclear intentions to be discussed with the design director and game director.
- PRODUCTION DYNAMIC: You will participate in creating a production dynamic aiming for meaningful quality improvements each day, with an emphasis on quick prototyping and rapid iteration processes.
- DESIGN DOCUMENTATION AND DESIGN PROCESS: You will document the design intentions as well as detailed design using the existing formats, and be mindful about overdesigning and overdocumentation. Your input and actions will be required to improve any of these processes in synch with the design director and producing teams.
- EVERYWHERE: You will at times be required to act as a design consultant on Everywhere for 3C matters.
- You have at least 5 years industry experience in a gameplay design position
- You have strong AI design experience on action-adventure titles
- You can exchange and iterate with AI programming teams, as well as become the AI pivot for Mission and Tech Design teams
- Strong portfolio of projects or features you can break down and discuss
- Informed communications and interpersonal skills
- Open and ready to iterate and adapt based on gameplay needs or technical challenges
- You value good documentation, which is descriptive and to the point
- A passion for games and an ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to motivate others
- Experience working in Unreal is a plus
Our Global Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited coaching & therapy — with Oliva, to support your mental health
- £500 annual Learning Budget — to spend on Learnerbly
- Stock Options — everyone owns a piece of our success
- Compassionate Leave — regardless of who it is, whether you’ve miscarried, or a lost a pet, you don’t need to tell us why
- Birthday Present — £150 voucher or a charity donation
- Birthday Day off — to celebrate your birthday away from work each year
- Caregiver Leave — up to 5 days each year to support your loved ones
- New baby gift — £250 toward a meal delivery or cleaning service
- Remote Working Budget – for remote workers to get out of the house
- Pension scheme — to finance those golden years
- Socials — office & remote events, play sessions and company-wide parties
- And even more benefits based on your location!
If you’re based in the UK
- 29 Annual Leave + 3 bank holidays - we’re flexible with most bank holidays so you can use the time to celebrate what’s important to you
- Long Service Days - 2 extra days added on your 2nd & 4th anniversaries with us.
- Private Medical Insurance - full cover with AXA
- Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 3 cover with Medicash
- Enhanced Family Leave - Primary caregivers; 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay, Secondary caregivers; 2 weeks full pay
- Cycle2Work Scheme - lease a bike through us and save on tax too!
- Electric Car Charging - electric car charging at our Port office in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Something looks off?