Build A Rocket Boy
As our new Materials Artist, you will work closely with the Lead Materials Artist to create materials, libraries, and tools using Substance Designer. You will establish and maintain the highest level of quality and ensure that this is communicated to all teams.
With a specialization in Substance Designer, you should have a solid understanding of creating end-to-end photorealistic physics-based materials. Along with the ability to use Substance Designer to create realistic materials procedurally and non-destructively with attention to detail and subtle nuances.You will be joining a highly experienced team, creating cutting-edge materials for a hugely exciting, multi-world gaming experience!
- You will have excellent proficiency in Substance Designer creating clean, clear editable materials.
- The ability to create materials that accurately represent any given real-world surface or detail.
- Create Substance Designer procedural content allowing artists full control to create variations.
- Match established art styles while developing ways to improve the visual direction.
- Self-sufficient problem-solver with ability to identify and mitigate risk.
- Strong communication, offering ideas and suggestions.
- Continuously Innovative, improving workflows and processes.
- Ability to document concisely and clearly.
- Ability to appreciate, respond to and provide constructive critique.
- Help to own material library and maintain material pipelines.
- Enjoy working collaboratively as part of a cross disciplinary team.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience (3+Substance Designer experience)
- Portfolio demonstrating a range of original procedural, photorealistic material/texture creation.
- A demonstrated mastery of Substance Designer.
- Experience working inside Substance Painter.
- Production experience with 3D authoring software (Blender, Maya, 3Dsmax, Zbrush).
- Familiarity with engines such as Unreal4/5, Unity, other mainstream 3D engines.
- Solid understanding of Physically Based Shading and rendering.
- Experience with Real-time rendering.