Key Account Sales Manager - Columbus / Cincinnati / Detroit
WE DEVELOP INNOVATIVE BEVERAGE BRANDS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF DRINKERS.
Born in Austin, TX. BeatBox Beverages is a collection of millennial founders and established industry veterans developing innovative beverage brands for the next generation of drinkers. BeatBox Beverages was founded on the belief that future generations will continue to demand products that authentically connect with their lifestyle. Our mission is to create cutting-edge beverage brands that speak to innovative individuals.
Title: Key Account Sales Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: National Accounts
Reports to: National Accounts Director
The Key Account Sales Manager for BeatBox Beverages is responsible for developing and increasing the company’s business & executing the sales and marketing programs for regional/national chains. The primary function of this role is to sell in and influence organizational key retailer partners through communication and consistency. The Key Account Sales Manager must be critically aware of industry best practices, regional competition, and overall alcohol beverage strategies. They will need to build working relationships with buyers, local wholesaler key account sales managers, and internal team members and effectively communicate execution plans to the field sales team and all distributor partners.
- This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities but is subject to change.
- Sell new and expanded distribution of BeatBox Beverages brands to multi-unit, regional, and franchise chain accounts.
- Develop a strong understanding of client business needs and pain points and develop plans to address those needs.
- Clearly and concisely communicate sales results to BeatBox Beverages sales team and distributor networks to ensure execution of retail plans and promotions.
- Build diligent and detailed follow-up plans on all new distribution and promotional activity
- Work with distributor key account managers, national account managers, and other distributor leadership to meet national accounts sales and distribution annual business plans by developing national and regional off-premise chain account programming where needed.
- Manage budget allocations, ROI, and other financial responsibilities. Execute against account plans and retail budget in order to maximize set sales goals.
- Manage Travel and Expense budget.
- Preparation and delivery of detailed, professional presentations for business reviews and sales calls.
- Discover/uncover opportunities and grow volume in the target account base.
- Performs additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management.
- A strong willingness to learn syndicated data & category management selling.
- Proven track record in building good relationships with retail customers, internal associates, and wholesalers.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
- Proven analytical skills and an understanding of syndicated data and its applicability to beverage alcohol categories are required.
- Travel and a valid driver’s license & vehicle are required.
- This job will need to be located in the midwest, preferably Columbus OH, Cleveland OH or Detroit MI.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
BeatBox Beverages provides a fair and equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. BeatBox Beverages hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.