Business Development Intern
Business Development Intern, B Generous (remote)
Ideal Locations: Atlanta-GA, Houston-TX, Memphis-TN, Nashville-TN, Raleigh-NC, Indianapolis-IN, New Orleans-LA
B Generous is a fast growing FinTech company that is addressing the half-a-trillion-dollar underserved nonprofit market in the U.S. At B Generous we’re powering nonprofits and donors to achieve more together by using financial technology for good. We accomplish this through our proprietary nonprofit lending product called “Accelerate” whereby we turn future nonprofit donations into upfront capital now by lending funds to nonprofits secured against future donations and other sources of income. We can lend anywhere from $25K – $3M at any one time per nonprofit.
As a Business Development Intern (BDI), you will be responsible for several aspects of business development, specifically you will help the sales team manage inbound leads from nonprofits interested in borrowing capital. You will gain a robust understanding of our sales prospecting pipeline, and play a critical role in the initial ingestion of leads, identifying quality, organizational information, and ensuring every lead is given the appropriate routing, priority, and resolution. You also will be responsible for various day to day tasks related to the operation of the sales department, gaining vital experience on the sales pipeline, software, and operations.
We are looking for a candidate who is mission-driven, passionate about making the world a better place and working with nonprofits, and is eager to learn and to pick up the phone (and click on the keyboard) to meet prospective nonprofit customers. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage time, be self-motivated, and be able to self-regulate in a remote environment. A competitive-but-highly-positive attitude is a must, and knowledge of financial technology (especially credit and lending), nonprofits, and nonprofit technology is ideal.
While this is an intern level role initially, there may be opportunity to advance into a full time, salaried, Sales Development Representative (SDR) role upon consistent successful performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Business Development Intern (BDI) will be responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly and quarterly sales meeting attendance goals.
- Responsible for engaging and qualifying nonprofit organizations for their suitability to utilize and benefit from the Accelerate lending program.
- Work closely with professional sales leaders to identify and engage with small to midsize nonprofit organizations.
- The BDI will utilize a customer relationship management system (Salesforce) to log calls, improve customer data, and manage their day-to-day activities. The BDI will be responsible for data entry and keeping all lead files and reports up to date.
- Identify best practices and efficiencies/inefficiencies within the sales process to improve sales knowledge, and sales cycles. We are looking for those willing to share their voice and opinions to make this a world-class sales organization.
- Be coachable, and have a continuous learner mentality and become an expert in the fintech, nonprofit, and nonprofit tech landscapes.
- While this is an intern level role initially, there may be opportunity to advance into a full time, salaried, Sales Development Representative (SDR) role upon consistent successful performance.
Any previous experience or study of business development practices or sales practices with phone and video teleconferencing and prospecting as well as email communication is important. Experience or study of nonprofit organizations, political engagement and fundraising activities, or business development efforts with small/medium business technology solutions or small/medium business fintech solutions a plus. Experience or study with start up level organizations.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to our traditional compensation model where we offer interns an hourly wage and the possibility of earning equity in the company, we also offer additional benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Flexible working location/hours (e.g. work from home + work off hours)
- Fun team-building exercises and events and a positive atmosphere and culture
- Opportunities for advancement, growth, and leadership
- Respect and priority for diversity/equity/inclusion
B Generous. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
B Generous is only able to hire U.S. citizens or those with the right to work in the United States at this time. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship or take on a visa transfer.