Crew Experience Intern (Summer 2024)
Axiom Space is building for beyond, guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. The leading provider of human spaceflight services and developer of human-rated space infrastructure, Axiom Space operates end-to-end missions to the International Space Station today while developing its successor, Axiom Station – a permanent commercial destination in low-Earth orbit that will sustain human growth off the planet and bring untold benefits back home.
Axiom Space fosters a diverse environment inclusive of all perspectives. We are the pioneers of commercial space, leading the transformation of low-Earth orbit into a global space marketplace. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Crew Experience Intern who is fueled by problem-solving, continuously curious, and driven to understand our world, science/technology and life itself, for the benefit of all on Earth and beyond.
SUMMARY: We are looking for individuals who are passionate about learning, open to mentoring, coaching, customer service, and developing problem solving skills. The role requires organizational, time management, and communication skills. The 2024 Summer Internship program will be onsite at Axiom Space in Houston, Texas from June 3 to August 23.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aid in the development of the Private Astronaut Mission (PAM) crew experience operations, processes, procedures, support products and launch day operations
- Provide technical systems knowledge and guidance by utilizing innovative collaborative tools
- Facilitate and assist with activities and events surrounding crew and missions. Performing at a high-level of proficiency where a demand for excellence is expected
- Deliver above and beyond customer service to Axiom’s Private and Professional Astronauts, customers, their family, guests, staff, and other VIPs
- Manage sensitive information in a confidential manner. Use discretion and good judgement in administering and handling projects involving critical/sensitive information
- Perform additional duties as assigned, understanding that crew and mission support requires a high variety of tasks
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Rising Junior or Senior or Advanced Degree (MS/MA or Ph.D)
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite; PowerApps, Power BI
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Must be extraordinarily organized and be able to manage multiple requests in a dynamic environment
- Prioritize and follow-through on all work
- Excellent communicator with exceptional written grammar and spelling
- Deliver above and beyond customer service
- Must possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time
- Strong team skills with ability to understand dependencies and impact on schedules
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.