Mission Integration, Operations, and Training Sr. Engineer
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Axiom is also at the forefront of EVA and advanced space suit development. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Sr. Mission Integration, Operations, and Training Engineer who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for an energetic and dynamic Sr. Mission Integration, Operations, and Training Engineer who will primarily be responsible for aiding Axiom’s EVA Program with xEVAS related operations training products development, flight operations interfacing, model and simulation development, and overall mission integration tasks. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about EVA/Space Suits and take initiative day-to-day, creating solutions and solving problems. The role requires strong organizational, time management, teamwork, and communication skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and coordinating daily activities of the AxEVA Program Mission Integration, Operations, and Training team.
- Responsible for generating and maintaining Axiom EVA flight operations training products.
- Working alongside engineering teams to influence design from an operations perspective.
- Aiding S&MA activities and products development from a flight operations perspective.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required.
- 10-15 years’ experience in flight operations, EVA development, EVA engineering, or similar roles.
- Experience presenting critical information to senior managers or external advisors.
- Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task. May also involve working in a laboratory environment from time to time.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines.
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.) Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment.
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.