Senior Area Manager, Northeast
AvantStay delivers world class, authentic, tech-enabled short-term rental (“STR”) group experiences targeted at the millennial generation. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry. We deliver a customized end-to-end experience that is tailored just for groups and powered with technology at every layer.
As a Senior Area Manager, you will oversee all day to day operational activities related to our AvantStay properties in the designated area, working cross functionally with the maintenance, housekeeping, and operations teams. This role will require the ability to supervise others and adhere to strict deadlines to ensure guest needs and expectations are met and exceeded. This position requires close proximity to the market with frequent travel to various sites within the designated area.
Must reside within a short drive of our vacation rental properties in the Hudson Valley, Berkshires, and Poconos.
You will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities, which may not be an exhaustive list:
- Directly supervising and managing market staff (particularly the Area Managers, Assistant Area Managers, and Field Operations Agents), including hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating performance and delegating tasks to field operations personnel.
- Manage multiple markets consisting of teams of one to ten employees
- Direct and delegate responsibilities effectively to local market team members
- Serving as the main point of contact to establish and cultivate relationships with the owners of AvantStay properties by effectively communicating with them, reviewing their owner distribution statements, and keeping apprised of the status of their property. Additionally, acting as a bridge between the property owners and the internal departments of AvantStay.
- Supervising the progress and rectification of guest and/or homeowner issues and escalations, ensuring they are resolved within the designated time frame. Monitoring the quality of the resolution and taking appropriate actions as needed to ensure customer and homeowner satisfaction.
- Meeting and maintaining AvantStay standards and metrics related to owner satisfaction.
- Supervising and coordinating housekeeping or routine vacation rental maintenance tasks, such as changing linens, moving furniture, changing light bulbs, troubleshooting cable, or addressing wifi issues.
- Collaborating with other teams and evaluating maintenance, groundskeeping, and housekeeping operations at each property within the select market.
- Carrying out essential administrative duties to support daily operations and assigning tasks to team members as necessary.
- Ensuring all homes have appropriate inventory levels of consumables and linens for the select market.
- Conducting regular inspections of properties to ensure compliance with AvantStay standards and regulations, as necessary, if AAMs or FOAs are unavailable.
- Addressing guest and homeowner concerns by responding in a timely manner to emails, calls, texts, Slack messages, and tickets.
- Traveling frequently to various properties within the designated area to oversee operations and ensure compliance.
- Being part of rotating “On Call” after hours for market support.