General Manager, Hudson Valley & Berkshires
AvantStay delivers world class, authentic, tech-enabled short-term rental (“STR”) group experiences targeted at the millennial generation. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry. We deliver a customized end-to-end experience that is tailored just for groups and powered with technology at every layer.
AvantStay, a fast-growing, venture-funded company in the booming short-term rental industry, is seeking a General Manager for the designated market. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, operationally-minded leader with a knack for growth, relationship-building, and an unyielding commitment to delivering world-class, tech-enabled experiences for our customers.
Must reside within a short drive of our vacation rental properties in the designated area, between Saugerties NY and Great Barrington, MA.
- Drive growth in the market through effective management of owner relationships, sourcing vendors, and building new partnerships with local businesses.
- Identify and generate homeowner sales leads through various channels, including online platforms, social media, and networking events.
- Act as the primary point of contact for property owners, providing timely communication and reviewing owner statements.
- Develop and execute local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted at owners, consumers and partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the organization to communicate product and process needs to continually improve AvantStay's services in the market.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market to guide strategic decisions and initiatives.
- Lead a team of local personnel, investing in their development and coaching them towards successful execution of their roles.
- Oversee daily operations, including sourcing and managing vendors and services, managing contracts, and ensuring that the AvantStay properties in the market are efficiently managed and guest-ready quickly.
- Act swiftly to handle and resolve property issues, ensuring minimum downtime and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Drive continual improvements in guest and homeowner experiences, proactively resolving issues to ensure satisfaction.
- Monitor compliance with AvantStay standards and regulations, conducting regular inspections of properties as necessary.
- Coordinate and/or oversee housekeeping or routine rental maintenance tasks to ensure all homes are guest ready.
- Participate in the "On Call" rotation for market support after hours.