Senior Management Accountant
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role
Your mission as Attest’s Management Accountant is to support and develop Attest’s finance processes and infrastructure as we continue to grow. Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager, you will provide seamless, accurate and reliable support as a key member of our finance team.
As a scaling business Attest will need someone who is focussed on helping build best in class finance processes and infrastructure. A team of this size requires someone who has a "can do" attitude and in return will be able to develop their skills and learn from the rest of the team. You will also have the opportunity to work with stakeholders across the business, on an average day you could be speaking to our founder, Jeremy in the morning, Todd our COO in the afternoon and the rest of the finance team at the end of the day!
Your focus will be to...
- Support the Senior Finance Manager with the implementation of a strong control environment.
- Lead on posting month end accounting journals and closing out our monthly reporting.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, including backing schedules and relevant breakdowns.
- Provide AP / AR oversight and cover, process improvement and optimising the control environment.
- Support with the annual audit process.
- Support with fulfilling our global tax requirements.
- Continually improve of core processes and controls.
- Roll your sleeves up and get involved in the accounts detail when required.
We’d love to hear from you if...
- Worked as a Management Accountant or Regulatory Accountant previously. You will be part-qualified or alternatively have a couple of years experience with the industry- we appreciate that not everyone has the opportunity to become qualified.
- Been responsible for the revenue recognition process at month-end. We are a lean team and are looking for candidates who have owned or been heavily involved in all aspects of the process.
- Experience of working with large data sets with the ability to spot anomalies and communicate the situation to fellow Attesters, including those who are not from a finance background
- Worked in a small but mighty finance team where you have had ownership and autonomy, rather than being micromanaged.
- A “can do” attitude. You must be willing and keen to learn and love working in a fast changing environment.
- Previous experience working in a startup or fast-scaling environment is advantageous.
Pay & benefits
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year, increasing to 26 after 3 years service and 27 after 4 years service. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A career growth and development budget of £20 per month which can be accrued over the year.
- A £40 a month wellness allowance to spend on things that matter to your physical and mental wellbeing. This can be spent on a monthly basis or saved up for larger purchases over the year.
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The world’s best companies mirror the world around them. We are building an Attest that brings together, and actively celebrates, diversity in race, age, physical and mental ability, sexuality, gender identity and perspectives. Every Attester should feel they belong as their complete selves. We make an active choice to acknowledge and remove systematic inequality from our people and talent processes. We don't claim to have this all figured out yet, but it’s a journey we are fully accountable to.
With this in mind, data shows that individuals from minority groups typically only apply if they meet every criteria listed. Based upon this insight, we wanted to take this opportunity to encourage individuals who meet some, but not all criteria to still apply as you may be the right person for the role!