Data Engineering Manager
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role
Attest strongly believes in using Data to make informed decisions - it’s our business. As a Data Engineering Manager at Attest you’ll be responsible for managing our team of 2 Data Scientists and 2 Data Engineers. You’ll be part of the overall Product & Technology management team reporting to the CTO.
You and your team will keep abreast of the latest developments in Data Science and Data Engineering and so inform the Product and Technology strategies direction both in the art of the possible but also by providing the right data points in a timely fashion.
Metrics and goals are something we take seriously and as such you’ll deliver, through your team, self-service data, the analytics and metrics that Product, Technology, Attest and our customers need to inform decisions.
Your focus will be to …
- Set the Data Engineering agenda at Attest, we already have some ways of working in place but are looking to level up our strategy
- Build and maintain our existing capability. We use AI, ML and classical statistics to drive value for our customers, from LLMs, to NLP and regression analysis and more; we need to use leading edge and established techniques to support our customers and colleagues
- Implement a data platform, consuming sources from production databases, message queues, user interaction telemetry and business system, to inform decision making across Attest.
- Coach and develop your team, helping them to build their careers at Attest
- Partner with stakeholders across the organisation to help them understand the benefits and limitations of data and modelling
- Stay up to date with Data Engineering trends and pragmatically determine whether there is scope to test this at Attest or whether it is white noise!
- Provide insight to other across the organisation and in time enable others to extract the insight that they need from data
We’d love to hear from you if you …
- Have worked as a Data Engineering Manager, Data Manager, Data Engineering Lead in the past.
- Have coached and developed a team, ideally of Data Scientists and/ or Data Engineers.
- Want to implement AI and ML to solve real customer challenges, and bonus points if you have done this before!
- Like to play with large data sets and enjoy driving insights through data.
- Are able to present complex ideas and get buy in from stakeholders who may not come from a technical background.
- Enable others to extract the insight that they need from data.
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year, increasing to 26 after 3 years service and 27 after 4 years service. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A career growth and development budget of £20 per month which can be accrued over the year.
- A £40 a month wellness allowance to spend on things that matter to your physical and mental wellbeing. This can be spent on a monthly basis or saved up for larger purchases over the year.
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
As a company, we aren’t fully remote and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that it is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working/working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at 21-33 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EJ, where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect folks to spend time with the team in the office on average 3 days per week.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The world’s best companies mirror the world around them. We are building an Attest that brings together, and actively celebrates, diversity in race, age, physical and mental ability, sexuality, gender identity and perspectives. Every Attester should feel they belong as their complete selves. We make an active choice to acknowledge and remove systematic inequality from our people and talent processes. We don't claim to have this all figured out yet, but it’s a journey we are fully accountable to.
With this in mind, data shows that individuals from minority groups typically only apply if they meet every criteria listed. Based upon this insight, we wanted to take this opportunity to encourage individuals who meet some, but not all criteria to still apply as you may be the right person for the role!