Senior Frontend Engineer
Founded in 2015 and headquartered in London and New York, Attest is a consumer research SaaS platform for the world’s biggest and fastest growing brands. Attest’s easy-to-use, self-serve dashboard is coupled with on-demand research expertise, empowering anyone to quickly conduct high-quality research and be continuously tapped into the consumer.
Some of the notable brands leveraging continuous insights to put the consumer’s voice at the center of their business with Attest include Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, JCDecaux among many others. To date, Attest has raised $90 million in venture capital with backing from investors such as Kismet, Schroders, and NEA. To learn more about Attest, visit www.askattest.com.
The mission for this role
We've redefined how companies do market research. Market research methods were stuck in the past, and hadn’t changed since the 60s. To fix this, we've built high quality web applications that will underpin all the consumer insights we give to our customers. You'll be collaborating on and solving some of our hardest tech, data, and architecture problems to help our customers get even more real value from our product. You'll be building high quality, high performing, reliable and scalable applications meeting modern web standards.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you'll be working in a cross-functional domain squad, with Product on a modern tech stack, built with: TypeScript, component UIs, state management, functional paradigms and more. Our cross-functional teams collaborate with stakeholders across the business to help deliver value to our customers. Each team is responsible for making their own decisions, and shipping their own features.
Your focus will be to...
- As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will help build the next-generation of Attest frontend architecture, to support our next chapter of company growth.
- Work within your squad collaborating with the whole team to identify and create best-in-class products.
- Design and implement highly efficient architecture that accommodates data at scale.
- Explore innovative ways to solve problems, and become an expert in complex domains.
- Build high quality applications that delight and engage our users adhering to modern web standards.
- Collaborate with your fellow frontend engineers to improve how we work, maintain and raise code standards, pair with your colleagues, review and contribute to written proposals, take part in communal learning sessions like mob code review or tech talks, and mentor others. You'll be working in a no-blame culture that not just allows you to — but expects you to — make mistakes and learn from them.
- Deliver features regularly, be comfortable with ambiguity, and push for code quality while balancing pace vs perfection.
- Participate in squad rituals; planning, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Provide coaching and support to more junior team members
We’d love to hear from you if…
- As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will have a strong understanding of standards and APIs for ECMAScript, HTML and CSS, Accessibility, Security, Protocols, Internationalisation, Audio and Video, Graphics, Privacy and more.
- You have experience developing web applications with frameworks/libraries such as: Vue, React, Angular, Polymer etc.
- You have experience working with modern development tools such as Vite, Webpack, Jest, Percy, Storybook, Cypress, Prettier, ESlint etc.
- You have expertise in developing, testing & debugging complex systems.
- You are a team player: collaborative, self-motivated, creative, entrepreneurial & thoughtful style.
- You enjoy solving complex data & architecture problems efficiently.
- You are a confident and thoughtful communicator, both verbally and in writing, able to adapt your style to different audiences and in different contexts.
- As a Senior Frontend Engineer you are happy to provide help and support to more junior team members, sharing best practice and optimal ways of working you have learnt along the way.
Pay & Benefits:
We believe that everyone’s unique skills and experience are important and we celebrate every hire we make. Our pay and benefits programme is designed with a focus on the wellbeing, engagement and growth of our people.
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential
- We’re enthusiastic to offer all Attesters EMI share options in the company so that as the business succeeds, so do you!
- 25 days (UK) paid holiday per year, increasing to 26 after 3 years service and 27 after 4 years service. This is in addition to local public holidays and an additional 2 days off around the festive season
- To help you save for your retirement, you’ll be auto-enrolled to our group pension plan when you join
- Support with remote and flexible working both whilst we navigate the world as it is now and in the long-term. We’ll even give you £300 to set up your home office
- A career growth and development budget of £20 per month which can be accrued over the year.
- A £40 a month wellness allowance to spend on things that matter to your physical and mental wellbeing. This can be spent on a monthly basis or saved up for larger purchases over the year.
- Access to private and confidential coaching or counselling via Sanctus
- Spend up to 2 paid days per month - 10% time - giving back to your community or supporting your favourite charity
- 10 days paid sick leave a year - for your body and your mind
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme by Care First
- Your choice of equipment and access to great tools that support your productivity and impact
- An open, inclusive and supportive team where everyone is valued and all ideas and suggestions are welcomed
In-person and remote working balance ...
As a company, we aren’t fully remote and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that it is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working/working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at 21-33 Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EJ, where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect folks to spend time with the team in the office on average 2-3 days per week.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The world’s best companies mirror the world around them. We are building an Attest that brings together, and actively celebrates, diversity in race, age, physical and mental ability, sexuality, gender identity and perspectives. Every Attester should feel they belong as their complete selves. We make an active choice to acknowledge and remove systematic inequality from our people and talent processes. We don't claim to have this all figured out yet, but it’s a journey we are fully accountable to.
With this in mind, data shows that individuals from minority groups typically only apply if they meet every criteria listed. Based upon this insight, we wanted to take this opportunity to encourage individuals who meet some, but not all criteria to still apply as you may be the right person for the role!