San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
Flash is an innovator in the urban mobility space, helping businesses rethink one of their most valuable assets: the parking garage. Our award-winning cloud-born platform is custom configurable, secure, reliable, and grows alongside you as business or consumer demands evolve. From smarter infrastructure to sophisticated software, our organization is digitally transforming the mobility experience, one hub at a time.
Flash is looking for a Field Technician to provide regional onsite support for Flash customers, who are local to the San Francisco Bay Area. This will be a great role for you if you are someone who who puts the customer’s needs first, likes to check things off your list, you are an over-communicator, have great customer service skills, strong focus, extreme attention to detail, and are skilled in PARCS and troubleshooting.
This role is REMOTE based with local travel required in the area.
What You'll Do:
- Provide regional onsite support across multiple garages and parking lots that use all different types of FLASH PARCS equipment, ensuring that the FlashParking equipment is fully functioning as well as troubleshooting issues that may arise.
- Oversee the onsite installation tasks, when an installation occurs; this includes supporting associated installation contractors, making low voltage terminations, completing network installation, starting up and testing the equipment, and providing onsite training to the client.
- Communicate the project updates to the Project Manager.
- Communicate when repairs are complete to the client.
- Document issues/resolutions daily in a ticketing system.
- Work with their manager to schedule/coordinate work and repairs for hardware failures that require contracted vendor involvement.
- Wear and use PPE in accordance with our policies as reviewed in our FLASH University PPE Course.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Ability to work autonomously in an uncontrolled environment (parking garage).Ability to use a personal computer and proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
What You Have:
- Bachelor of Arts, Associates Degree, or a Technical School Certification in a related field (or equivalent education, plus customer support, project coordination or account management experience.)
- Experience with increasing responsibility in a technical field, typically acquired through 5-10+ years of experience.
- Customer support, project coordination or account management experience.
- Experience with troubleshooting methodologies & quality testing.
- Comfortable using hand tools and a multimeter.
- General experience with low and high voltage wiring or commercial electrical knowledge.
- Experience communicating with colleagues and customers in a technical support environment.
- General knowledge of LAN/WAN networks and associated components.
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License and clean driving history.
- Amazing attention to detail
- Outgoing and has an “I’ve got this” attitude
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment
- Documentation skills
- PARCS experience, Access Control/CCTV experience, Comptia A+, Network+ certifications are preferred.
- Experience installing local networks and working with relays is a plus.
A candidate will be successful in this role if they have experience in parking/mobility tech, have strong customer facing communication skills and have an organized and flexible approach to the competing priorities which arise on any given day. This dynamic role provides an excellent path to growth within Field Operations or into many other roles within our growing organization.
Join us in making a difference as we build our future. FLASH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FLASH prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.