Field Operations Associate
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Aquabyte is seeking a Field Operations Associate to service and deploy Aquabyte camera systems to fish farms across the world.
We're happy to announce the completion of our Series B round of funding to continue our mission of transforming aquaculture to meet the world’s demand for sustainable protein!
Watch a short documentary on Aquabyte with Amazon's CTO at a Norwegian fish farm here! https://youtu.be/YZ_qJ5JFD3I
Aquabyte is on a mission to revolutionize the sustainability and efficiency of aquaculture. It is an audacious, and incredibly rewarding mission. By making fish farming cheaper and more viable than livestock production, we aim to mitigate one of the biggest causes of climate change and help prepare our planet for impending population growth. Aquaculture is the single fastest growing food-production sector in the world, and now is the time to define how technology is used to harvest the sea for generations to come.
We are a diverse, mission-driven team that is eager to work alongside kindred spirits. If this vision makes you smile, gives you goosebumps, or otherwise inspires you please get in touch.
We are currently focused on helping Norwegian salmon farmers better understand their fish populations and make environmentally-sound decisions. Through custom underwater cameras, computer vision, and machine learning we are able to quantify fish weights, detect sea lice infestations, and generate optimal feeding plans in real time. Our product operates at three levels: on-site hardware for image capture, cloud pipelines for data processing, and a user-facing web application. As a result, there are hundreds of moving pieces and no shortage of fascinating challenges across all levels of the stack.
Above all, Aquabyte is a customer-driven company. Our product development is dictated by the needs of fish farmers and we prioritize customer delight in everything we do. We are committed to build a global, collaborative team that creates value far beyond Silicon Valley.
You will be responsible for the preparation, shipping, onsite deployment, service/maintenance & upkeep of our customer facing hardware. You will be responsible for timely onsite deployments and the quality of deployments. The ideal candidate will be passionate about maintaining a high bar for service quality for our hardware, driving continuous improvement and efficiency in our field operations processes and constantly working to improve our customer experience.
- Responsible for intake, quality control, and hands-on preparation of our hardware for deployment
- Responsible for hands-on technical maintenance, service, testing and troubleshooting of Aquabyte equipment
- Responsible for aiding and progressing both hardware and product related research projects
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of all hardware service related events and issues
- Ensure company success by helping to design and build a product our customers love
- Travel to different locations in Norway and outside of Norway for field deployments
- Be versatile and help with other projects as needed
- Technical education or prior experience with similar work
- Relevant experience can compensate for a lack of education
- Knowledge of network and IT system management is an advantage
- Interest in working in a fast paced startup environments and don’t mind to get your hands dirty
- Class B driver’s license. Boat license and/or experience operating boats will be an advantage
- Fluent in both Norwegian and English
- Living in Bergen area or willing to relocate
- A hands on person who likes practical work and not afraid to use hand tools
- Detail oriented, self driven, proactive and a great team player
- Results and solution oriented
- Trust-building and able to create good relationships with customers as well as colleagues
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Competitive salaries and generous equity
- Incredibly dynamic office space in the heart of Bergen
- Free lunch and free snacks
- Potential travel
- Evolve in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to shape a business in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other best-in-their-field colleagues
- Mentorship opportunities, we'll be dedicated to investing in you and supporting you as you grow
If you thrive in a fast-paced everyday life and are motivated by providing customer care and service using your professional expertise, we look forward to hearing from you!
Aquabyte is a private company headquartered in San Francisco, and is supported by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, and many other respected investors.
At Aquabyte, we admire interesting people with a unique background. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy all the requirements, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!