Customer Success Associate
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Aquabyte is on a mission to revolutionize the sustainability and efficiency of aquaculture. By making fish farming cheaper and more viable than livestock production, we aim to mitigate one of the biggest causes of climate change and help prepare our planet for impending population growth. Aquaculture is the single fastest growing food-production sector in the world, and now is the time to define how technology is used to harvest the sea and preserve it for generations to come.
We are a diverse, mission-driven team that is eager to work alongside kindred spirits. If this vision makes you smile, gives you goosebumps, or otherwise inspires you please get in touch.
We are currently focused on helping salmon farmers better understand their fish populations and make environmentally-sound decisions. Through custom underwater cameras, computer vision, and machine learning we are able to quantify fish weights, detect the health status, and generate optimal feeding plans in real time. Our product operates at three levels: on-site hardware for image capture, cloud pipelines for data processing, and a user-facing web application. As a result, there are hundreds of moving pieces and no shortage of fascinating challenges across all levels of the stack.
Watch a short documentary on Aquabyte with Amazon's CTO at a Norwegian fish farm here! https://youtu.be/YZ_qJ5JFD3I
We’re seeking a Customer Success Associate to join our team and help us ensure our fish farming customers are successful!
- Serve as the main ongoing liaison to a farmer
- Provide top-notch customer support
- Ensure incidents are resolved and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Provide leadership to identify issues, gather relevant stakeholders, and drive customer problems / incidents to resolution
- Onboard and train customers on dashboard software and physical product
- Provide customer feedback to the product management team
- Track customer happiness and status of 100s of farms
- Actively ensure entire company is aware of customer happiness
- Participate in the ongoing customer renewal process
- Availability in the evening and on-call basis as necessary to team and customer support
- Higher education and/or previous experience as a fish farmer
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customers, excellent interpersonal skills, positive, engaging, upbeat
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively, excellent presentation skills
- Basic Tech skills, Excel experience is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative, with the ability to inspire others
- Comfortable working in unstructured environments and leading one’s own workload
- Fluent in Norwegian, writing and speech
- Fluent in English
- Experience from commercial roles is an advantage
- Competitive salaries and generous equity
- Office space in the heart of Bergen
- Free lunch and free snacks
- Potential travel
- Evolve in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to shape a business in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other best-in-their-field colleagues
Aquabyte is a private company headquartered in San Francisco, and is supported by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, and many other respected investors.
At Aquabyte, we admire interesting people with a unique background. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy all the requirements, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!