Senior Substrate and Rust Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2022
Analog is building a true Layer-0 blockchain network that ushers in the omnichain future, secured with the Proof-of-Time consensus mechanism.
Backed by world-class investors, our vision is to facilitate the seamless communication of time data (events) between decentralized applications across different chains.
We are a decentralized, non-hierarchical team seeking an expert Substrate and Rust Developer (experience building on Polkadot is a plus) to assist with the design, development, implementation of this new Blockchain proof of concept.
This expert will be collaborating in the development of a testnet with all use-case specific core features i.e. blockchain runtime, multi-chain support, protocol interoperability, consensus mechanism, gRPC, APIs, new smart contract scripting system, and numerous other protocols.
As a founding engineer on the Analog team, you’ll be redefining the legacy blockchain frameworks eliminating their inherent limitations i.e. interoperability, etc with radically new solutions, breaking new ground on writing code to achieve a truly future-proof system.
About the role
- Hands-On Involvement: Actively design, collaborate, and participate in feature building and product development implementation of core Timechain development modules.
- Execution: Collaborate to drive execution plan, addressing technical challenges, and assisting to steer projects towards Engineering key milestones.
- Ownership: Taking full ownership of assigned modules, ensuring quality, stability & test coverage. Ensuring development progress is always aligned to respective release timelines
- Test Driven Development: Optionally quality and reliability through automated testing design for your projects.
- Proactive Collaboration: Proactively participate in mandatory meetings (ie. daily stand-ups, sprint planning etc.) including proactive participation in discussions with the research & product team on related modules.
- Collaboration Record: Keep proven track records of discussions with other team members including Huddles, Zoom calls, and communications through other platforms.
- Team Mentorship & Development: Perform code reviews and offer mentorship and guidance to junior developers, cultivating a culture of innovation and technical excellence.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Liaise with the Product and development team (SCRUM team), to execute Product development objectives.
- Technical Documentation: Maintain detailed architectural documentation of assigned modules for internal and external clarity.
- Product Change Oversight: Contribute to and review product change proposals for assigned modules, upholding architectural quality.
- Industry Involvement & Continuous Learning: Stay abreast of industry standards and emerging practices, bringing innovative ideas to the team.
- 5+ years of experience in computer science, preferably low level.
- Seasoned with core system programming languages & concepts, specifically with Rust and Substrate.
- 2+ years of experience in blockchain, consensus protocols, decentralized systems, applied cryptography, compilers, p2p, or similar systems.
- Must have a minimum of 1+ year experience in Substrate.
- Experience in Tailored system applications in Rust, Substrate, Go, or C++.
- Proficiency with Network Protocols, i.e. HTTP/2, TCP/2, P2P, IPFS.
- Experience in architecture and implementation of use case-specific network protocol or database is a plus.
- Highly competitive salary and token compensation with huge growth potential
- Be a founding engineer of one of the most innovative protocols to exist in blockchain
- Supercharge your career in Web3 - the future of the internet
- Work closely with team members who have a wide breadth of experience from some of the leading tech companies in the world
- Flexible working hours and working environment
Analog fosters an inclusive work environment that doesn’t tolerate unjust discrimination against race, religion, gender, disability, age or other qualities. We encourage anyone from around the world to apply as long as they meet the job requirements!